Green Coat Pre-Med Pipeline Program
Deadline for the Fall Green Coat applications are Aug 29, 2021.
A WVSOM faculty mentor is matched to each student to monitor and encourage his/her science progress, as well as to answer any questions.
WVSOM – RHI Green Coat Program
The RHI Program is working with undergraduate health science students and pre-medical majors. One of the current projects is the WVSOM RHI Green Coat Program.
- In the Green Coat Program, college students majoring in health sciences (with an interest in medical school) will be immersed in the hospital/clinic setting with supplemental opportunities available through the Statewide Campus office and the hospital partnership to broaden their exposure to working with an inter-professional healthcare team.
- The intended outcomes of this program are to enhance student's opportunity for acceptance into healthcare professions, enhance student's commitment to becoming a healthcare professional serving rural populations and increase comfort and competency with patient interactions.
- The criteria for college students interested in the Green Coat Program:
- Must be a college sophomore or junior majoring in health sciences with an interest in medical school.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Letter of recommendation from an advisor
- An official transcript
- Completion of the Green Coat Application
- One-page essay describing the student's career goal and how it relates to Primary Care practice in rural WV.