Graduate Medical Education (GME)
Your WVSOM GME department is here to guide you through 3rd and 4th year rotations, preparation for the transition from Medical Student to Residency, and assist you in securing a Fellowship. We provide advice and materials to help you plan and further your career.
The WVSOM GME department maintains the systems needed to find 3rd and 4th year rotations (VSLO, ClinianNexus, AceMapp); we also can provide application packets for those rotations that do not use the aforementioned systems.
ERAS is the system you will use to apply for residencies. The WVSOM GME department provides access, uploads documentation, and monitors this system for WVSOM students and graduates.
We also upload documentation and monitor the systems used for the 4 different Matches (Military, SF, AUA, and NRMP).
When it comes time to apply for Fellowships, the WVSOM GME Department will upload the required documentation for you to the EFDO/ Midus system in ERAS.
We keep all documentation used to apply for rotations and residency digitally for your future use.
- GME Resources
2021 Important Match Dates
- September 1, 2021 - ERAS Submission of Applications
- September 15, 2021 - NRMP Registration
- September 29, 2021 - Programs Receives Applications
- December, 2021 - Military Match
- February 1, 2021 - Rank Order List Opens
- March 2, 2021 - ROL Deadline 9pm
- March 14, 2022 - Primary Match
- March 16 - 17, 2022 - SOAP (4 rounds)
- March 12, 2022 - Match Day
- The Match