West Liberty Bridge Program
West Liberty University Master of Arts in Biology with Medical School Emphasis Bridge to WVSOM
WVSOM has partnered with West Liberty University (WLU) to offer a unique opportunity for students interested in attending medical school at WVSOM. West Liberty University offers a Master of Arts in Biology, with a major in Biomedical Sciences (MAB) that is designed for students to demonstrate they can be successful at the WVSOM. Students will take West Liberty University graduate-level courses in human biology and medicine to improve their overall academic credentials and prove they can handle the rigors of medical school.
Guaranteed Admission Requirements to WVSOM
- Students must have an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.4 with a 3.2 Science GPA by the July 15th application deadline to the West Liberty University MAB program.
- Students must have an MCAT score of 498 or higher by the July 15th application deadline to the West Liberty University MAB program.
- A complete application must be submitted and verified through AACOMAS, including required recommendation letters by the July 15th deadline. WVSOM requires a letter of recommendation from an osteopathic physician and one from a pre-med advisor.
- Must have an acceptable interview with the WVSOM admission's office prior to matriculation.
- Students must complete the program within one year from date of matriculation.
- Students must graduate from the West Liberty University MAB program with a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- Students can have no more than one "C" grade in their West Liberty University Master of Arts in Biology with Medical School Emphasis coursework.
Students who wish to be considered for admission who do not meet the Guaranteed Admission Requirements to WVSOM may apply through the regular admission process and their application will be reviewed after the first semester. Some applicants may be invited to interview by the WVSOM admission office for a potential offer of acceptance to WVSOM after completion of the MAB. Students who graduate from the program who apply the following year will have their file reviewed by WVSOM for the next year's admission cycle.
Please note that applicants who are out-of-state residents at the time they start their studies in the MAB program at WLU would remain out-of-state residents should they be granted admission to WVSOM. Please review the WVSOM Residency Policy for additional information.
Any questions you may have pertaining to the guaranteed admission requirements to WVSOM can be directed to the WVSOM Director of Admissions at 304-647-6336.