The Registrar's Office at WVSOM is responsible for all aspects of student record keeping.
Other functions include:
- school and permanent address updates
- name changes
- transcript requests
- diploma copy requests
- enrollment verification
- certification of degrees
All requests for transcripts and diploma copies require a signed form.
Requests may be made by submitting a completed request form (see Registrar's toolkit) to the Registrar's office using either the U.S. Postal service or by fax to 304-647-6350. Online requests can be made for credit card payments only via WV Epay.
The following transcript fees are effective as of January 1, 2004:
|Official Transcript with GPA/Class Rank||$ 6.00|
|Unofficial Transcript||$ 6.00|
|Unofficial Transcript - Faxed to Recipient||$ 8.00|
|NBOME scores only (Level 1 and/or Level 2)||$ 5.00|
|Official/Unofficial Transcript and NBOME scores||$ 10.00|
|Diploma Copy||$ 6.00|
|Special Delivery/Overnight Delivery||*$ 20.00|
*Plus regular fees as appropriate
Request for a Transcript & MSPE upload to the EFDO/ERAS system: click here
WVSOM thanks you for your service to our country. WVSOM's Registrar serves as the institution's on-campus Veterans' Coordinator/Advocate.
Please contact our office for assistance with certification of Veterans benefits.
The Registrar's Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. except for recognized school holidays.
The office operates on an open door policy and will see students on an appointment or walk-in basis.
- How do I request a transcript?
To request a transcript, you must complete and submit a Transcript Request form. There are two options for completing this:
- The online Transcript Request Form which may be submitted electronically.
- The PDF version of the Transcript Request Form which may be returned via email, fax or mail.
The first transcript request is free. To find out if this is your first request, email the Registrar’s office (firstname.lastname@example.org), call 304-647-6433 or complete and submit the PDF version of the request form, and you will not be charged if it is your first request.
- Can a transcript be emailed?
A transcript can be transmitted via email, however, whether it is accepted or considered official in that format is up to the institution receiving the transcript. Always check with institution requiring the transcript for their requirements.
- How do I register for COMLEX (NBOME) or USMLE (NBME)?
The school completes all the pre-registration for the COMLEX. For the USMLE, the student will need to sign up on the NBOME website and sign a certificate of enrollment and submit it to the Registrar’s office for submittal.
- How do I obtain a transcript and/or MSPE (Dean’s Letter) for fellowship applications?
Information and instructions regarding applications for fellowship through ERAS may be found on the webpage for the Graduate Medical Education Department.
Scott Maxwell is the ERAS Coordinator and can assist with any questions or concerns about the ERAS Application. He may be reached at email@example.com or 304-647-6323. His contact information should be utilized as the designated medical school official requested in MIDUS for uploading your transcript and MSPE (Dean’s Letter).
The GME webpage also includes an MSPE Request Form, if an updated MSPE/Dean’s letter is needed. The completed form may be submitted to April Jones in the Dean’s office along with a copy of your current CV. She may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-647-6269 for any questions or concerns about the Dean’s letter. Please inform Scott if the MSPE will be updated. Otherwise, he will use the one on file at the time of residency applications.
- How do I defer payment of my undergraduate student loans?
- Check with your lender to see what they require for deferment. They may require a letter confirming your enrollment, or they may have a form that they use for this purpose. Requests for enrollment confirmation or completion of deferment forms may be submitted to the Registrar’s office by email: email@example.com), fax: 304-647-6350, or mail: Office of the Registrar, 400 Lee Street North, Lewisburg, WV 24901.
- I am applying for a license and the board requires a form to be completed by the school, who can complete this for me?
- Verification forms for licensing & credentialing may be submitted for completion to the Registrar’s office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org), fax: 304-647-6350, or mail: Office of the Registrar, 400 Lee Street North, Lewisburg, WV 24901. There are no fees to complete verification forms, only for transcripts if they are required.
Questions? Contact Us
You can also reach the Registrar's Office by calling 1-800-356-7836.