About WVSOM Information Technology Department
The Information Technology Department is committed to sharing expert knowledge, providing reliable services and deploying cutting edge technology to the WVSOM campus. This commitment to technology for servicing students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of WVSOM includes:
- Identity management of all end user accounts for access to IT resources including email
- Network management, both wired and wireless
- Database services for our Student Information and Enterprise Management Systems
- Help Desk assistance for laptops, PCs, printers, telecommunication and mobile devices
- Orientation and training for various software applications
- Online learning and testing through course management software
- Web development in support of the Osteopathic curriculum
- Server virtualization and backup storage of critical data
- State-Wide campus technology support for hardware and software
- Physical and logical security of the technology infrastructure along with data protection mechanisms within the data center and WVSOM end point devices
- Various projects for expanding and maintaining the information technology infrastructure
All users of information technology resources at WVSOM are governed by institutional policy for Acceptable Use (GA-31), Email and Copyright Infringement.
IT - Mission Statement
The Information Technology Department at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine is focused on enhancing the delivery of medical education through the latest technology initiatives. We will contribute to the organization by providing the highest standard, most innovative, and quality based technology to faculty, staff, students and statewide campus constituents.
The Information Technology Department will continually assess the level, quality and delivery of information technology services to WVSOM. These services will include web, network, database, telecommunication and help desk technologies. We will strive to grow, expand continuous education, and refine techniques for the successful delivery of these IT services. We will maintain core IT competencies and be 100% accountable in deploying new initiatives and problem solving for current implementations. Each member of the IT team will contribute and participate in the successful delivery of these services and engage in collaborative communication with the campus community.
The Information Technology Department at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine will embrace the following core values in the delivery of technology:
- Recognize the value of listening in the communication process.
- Gain respect, while also being respectful.
- Value integrity and employ it as a department. We will do what we say we can do, and be truthful in things that we cannot.
- Trust will be built internally to the department and be gained while following the values of listening, respect, and integrity during interaction with campus constituents.
- Accountability will be an integral part of building respect, integrity, and trust; internally and externally to the department, with 100% contribution and participation by each IT team member.
- Continuous learning of new IT technologies
- Exhibiting professionalism in the delivery and service of IT technologies
- Effective time management and appropriate utilization of WVSOM assets
IT Department by the Numbers
Years of Experience by IT Staff
Track Tickets Annually
Technology Infrastructure Expenditures
FY20 - $3041950
Virtual meetings and collaboration
Total Teams Minutes
Webex Meetings Minutes
Devices and servers
Total End Point Devices