Sexual Misconduct & Sexual Assault

West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine is committed to providing an environment that is supportive and comfortable for you to discuss your concerns regarding individual treatment in the workplace, educational setting, equal employment opportunity, and diversity.

Every effort will be made to ensure the fair and equal treatment of all involved parties during the complaint investigation process. West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine requests that discrimination, harassment, sex discrimination, sexual harassment, disability and any other complaints of unlawful discrimination be filed within 30 days from the date of the alleged incident(s) with: 

Leslie Bicksler 
Vice President of Human Resources
EEO/Equity/AA/ADA/504 Coordinator

Rebecca Morrow
Title IX Coordinator
Assistant Dean for Student Affairs

Complaints may be filed after 30 days however, individuals are encouraged to report incidents as soon as possible because the passage of time may affect the institution’s ability to investigate the incident.

If the complaint is against a Title IX Coordinator or the AA/EOE Coordinator or if both of these individuals are unavailable, please file your complaint with:    

Dr. Craig Boisvert
Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean
400 Lee Street North
Lewisburg, WV 24901
(304) 647-6269    

When to Contact a Coordinator

Any student, faculty or staff member, or applicant for admission or education who has concerns about sex discrimination or sexual misconduct is encouraged to seek the assistance of the Title IX Coordinator.

Contact a coordinator if you:

  • Wish to understand your options if you think you may have encountered sex discrimination or sexual misconduct;
  • Learn of a situation that you feel may warrant a WVSOM investigation;
  • Need help on how to handle a situation by which you are indirectly affected;
  • Seek guidance on possible informal remedies or administrative measures to de-escalate or alleviate a difficult situation;
  • Have questions about WVSOM's policies and procedures.

WVSOM's Sexual Misconduct Policy

How to File a Complaint

Any student, faculty or staff member, or applicant for admission or education who believes they are a victim of sex discrimination or sexual misconduct may file a complaint.