Skip to main content
Contingency Plan for Faculty
- Free Internet - Students (Suddenlink)
- FCC Agreement - stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast COVID-19 Response - offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time.
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months
- AT&T COVID-19 response - offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families.
- Verizon COVID-19 response - no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response - follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response - follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- For Faculty - choose the center option of TurningPoint PC (no install) and unzip the file once downloaded. This will place a turning point folder onto your desktop with the application inside. No install is required. (https://www.turningtechnologies.com/downloads/turningpoint-desktop/)
- For Students - Follow the link and enter the session code. Questions will appear when the instructor reaches an audience response related slide in their presentation. If using a mobile device, install the TurningPoint App from wherever you get apps, enter your region (North America) then your session code and like the link— questions will appear when the instructor reaches an audience response related slide in their presentation. (https://student.turningtechnologies.com/#/respond)
VDI (Virtual Desktop Interface)
VPN (Virtual Private Network)